ldappasswd questions

I have a few questions regarding authenticating with ldap:

Is there a way for an authorized user (like root) to set a new passwd for a
user without knowing their current passwd?  (in case of forgotten passwd)

Is there a script (or other method) available that would allow a system
admin to force a password change at set intervals?

Is there a way to check new passwords to make sure they are relatively safe
passwords?

I think this has come up before, but I couldn't find anything in the mailing
list archives ...
My users are MS Windowfied, is there a web based password change utility
that would give them a method for changing their own passwords?