[Date Prev][Date Next]
replication question; start_tls
- To: OpenLDAP software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: replication question; start_tls
- From: Nick Urbanik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:41:18 +0800
- Organization: Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
I am unclear on how to configure replication with start_tls.
The slave and master both have the same DNS entry, and share a certificate with
the name set to the common server host name.
When the slave sends the client a redirect, it will have to be to the master by
some unique name. Then start_tls cannot work, since the client uses a name that
does not match that in the certificate.
How do you people do it?
Nick Urbanik RHCE email@example.com
Dept. of Information & Communications Technology
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)
Tel: (852) 2436 8576, (852) 2436 8579 Fax: (852) 2436 8526
PGP: 53 B6 6D 73 52 EE 1F EE EC F8 21 98 45 1C 23 7B ID: 7529555D
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24 ID: BB9D2C24