Re: ldap-ssl trouble .....

Lionel,

I'm no expert, but from packet-sniffing my LDAP connections it appears
that StartTLS is issued before binding (which is what I would expect, or
else TLS would be mostly pointless), so you don't need
to worry about passwords in the clear using StartTLS.

It's just too bad that there's no stable PHP release with ldap_start_tls
yet, so we're stuck using ldaps:// until the we get the next release...

Carl