Sleepycat DB transaction support?

Hi,

Recently on the JASIG/uPortal mailing list, a question came up about OpenLDAP vs. I-Planet. I'm a happy OpenLDAP user, but the question came up as to whether OL supported transactions to guarantee database consistency in the face of hardware failures.

I've also heard on another list that the LDBM backend may vanish altogether, though I couldn't find anything about that when searching the mailing list archives.

regards,
	David
--
David L. Parsley