[Date Prev][Date Next]
UNICODE in OpenLDAP 2.0.11
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: UNICODE in OpenLDAP 2.0.11
- From: "Adrian Trifu" <Trifu@fzi.de>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:29:38 +0100
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcG0tAMdlccwkjtnRo62cuoSTzMAPA==
- Thread-topic: UNICODE in OpenLDAP 2.0.11
My problem is as follows:
I am developing a custom backend to a database and I 'm having problems with german umlaut characters in that database.
But the problem starts right from the DN setting in Outlook, where the CN contains one such special character. The DN string has to be transmitted using UTF-8 (LDAP v3 requires this).
Ok, the DN string arrives to the OpenLDAP server but I don't know how to put it back together as WCHARs.
I have tried with MultiByteToWideChar() from Windows but it doesn't come out right.
I do not have too much experience with UNICODE and UTF. Can anybody help me?
Dipl.-Ing. Adrian Trifu <email@example.com>
Forschungszentrum Informatik Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14 76131 Karlsruhe
Program Structures (PROST) Phone: +49 721 9654 638