Re: Serious Concurrency problem with openldap-2.0.X

I have tested openldap-2.0.22 and it seems to work. I could not reproduce
the concurrency problem I had with openldap-2.0.21. Thanks for fixing this
bug rapidly.

Just one more question. It seems that the new giant lock prevents any
entry from being read while a given entry is being updated. It would be
much better if the lock were at a finer granularity level (at the entry
level instead of at the whole db level) in order to let an update
query of a certain entry proceed concurrently with search queries
of OTHER entries.
Do you intend to improve the level of concurrency in future version
of openldap ?

Regards.

> At 04:00 AM 2002-01-29, Michel.Minsoul wrote:
> >To sum up, it seems that there is a serious concurrency problem in
> >some multi-threaded versions of openldap 2.0.X.
>
> I've reworked the locking in HEAD and OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2
> to resolve this problem (using a giant reader/writer lock).
>         http://www.openldap.org/software/repo.html
>
> Please test.
>
> Kurt

Michel MINSOUL