RE: openldap for a large multinational company

Gruss Gott,

One problem could be that OpenLDAP currently does not yet support Unicode.

Regards,
Markus

I dont' know.

>   Or is there anyone who can see an alternative solution ?

I'm actually searching for an alternative, but I haven't found one yet.
There was an opensource project on sourceforge that implemented an LDAP
Server
in Java. This project has been stopped now, but there's a pointer on the
homepage
to a commercial successor. I don't know about the price, but it might be
cheaper than
Netscape's.

Oracle also provides an built in LDAP Server with Oracle 9i.

> I know this posting is a little off-topic, but with the
> general openldap
> list discontinued I didnt find any other alternative reaching
> the openldap
> community. I suggest that you reply to me directly and I will mail a
> summary to anyone interested (or to the list, if the list manager
> agrees :-) )
>
> Any help/tips are appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Goetz Golla