RE: back-ldap: proxying legacy apps to legacy or V3 servers

Is there not some library routine that the current slapd uses when a
LDAP-V2 client connects to it?

I would think it acceptable for the proxy to only support ;

1) LDAP-V2 client <-- LDAP-V2 server
2) LDAP-V3 client <-- LDAP-V3 server
3) LDAP-V2 client <-- LDAP-V3 server supporting LDAP-V2 clients

and not support

4) LDAP-V3 client <-- LDAP-V2 server

Then the only conversion would be for "3)" which I would think is already
supported somehow?

Randall