Re: error with ldapadd ?

Lise Didillon wrote...:

> No  I think (and it's what I do because if not I can't add any
> other entries) you have to add the root entries even they are
> declared as the suffix database.

hmm.. actually, you _have to_ add a entry _if_ it is declared as the
suffix of a database. but, and that's what i meant, maybe that wasn't
clear, you cannot add an entry that is virtually above all of your

look at this entry in slapd.conf:

database ldbm
suffix "o=magnaquest,c=in"

and let's say, there are no other database definitions in slapd.conf,
this configuration won't allow you to add

dn: c=in

into your db. you'll get a "no such object" error message from slapd..