Re: SuperiorKnowledge DSA

At 12:40 AM 2002-01-16, Craig Hancock wrote:
>In regards to a distributed DSA is it possible to a refferal to a suffix that wasn't the root suffix
>ie
>

>Client A search LDAP server with default suffix as dc=test,dc=organization.dc=edu
>
>But underneath it there would be a another suffix such as dc=test,dc=organization,dc=edu

I assume you meant dc=organization,dc=edu
(dc=test,dc=organization.dc=edu's superior (parent) entry).

>If I did an objectclass=* search will it also attempt to hit the refferal of another directory server.

You can set the referral option in slapd.conf(5) such that
such requests are referred to the superior server.   See:
 <http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/referrals.html#Superior%20Knowledge%20Information>