LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED

Hi All,

I'm very new to LDAP and having a problem which hopefully someone will be
able to help with.  We're trying to retrieve values from an LDAP server
from within one of our applications.  I've got the sample application to
work and it retrieves values back.  If however the results are too large
(I'm guessing that this is the problem) I'm returned an error code of
LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED.  The C application is using the ldap_search_s
function.

I can't find anyway of setting the number of items to bring back, is there
a way of doing this using the current function?  How do I determine what
the size limit is?  What do developers usually do when they need to bring
back thousands of entries when they hit this problem.  I must warn you that
I know hardly anything about LDAP so any simple and easy to follow advice
would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Kulbir.

"Konstantin Chuguev" <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>@OpenLDAP.org on