From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of openldap user
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 3:47 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: openldap and openssl

I'm trying to use ldaps, eventually with php but I'd like to see it
work with just the openldap clients first.

What file do I add config stuff for the client so that I can do

 ldapsearch -H ldaps://caldir-test

I'm not running slapd, just using the client software.  I can do

 ldapsearch -H ldap://caldir-test

and that works just fine.  When I use ldaps then I get complaints from
openssl, which I think are because it doesn't have the certificate or
key file (or whatever it is) I need for my ldap server.

(The ldap server is the Sun/iplanet one running on a different
machine.)