Re: ganymede and openldap

>I wonder if any of u have tried using the ganymed with
>openldap.

I haven't.

>If I were to import data from the LDAP server, will have to
>write and XML module to convert the ldif format.
>If I were to modify the data at the ganymede server, I will
>need to write a script to dump the data back to the LDAP
>server.

There is already procedures/standards for this.
DSML = Directory Server Markup Language
See http://www.dsml.org and I document some of the free DSML utilities
in my LDAP presentation
ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

>Has anyone tried doing this and can provide the source code
>in handling this ?

There are several java examples for processing DSML out on the web.  You
can find DSMLGateway and DSMLTools on www.freshmeat.net