OT: RE: Assertion failed -- possible to get this from a query?

David,

I am not familiar enough with OpenLDAP administration to have a guess as to
the source of your problem, but along the lines of malformed LDAP packets
causing LDAP server crashes, you might be interested in the following
website:
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/research/ouspg/protos/
Their LDAP testing tool was used to discover potential security
vulnerabilities in a great many of the available LDAP server products.  You
can read the Securityfocus.com advisory (which has links to other
information sources) here:
http://www.securityfocus.com/advisories/3444

Their (the PROTOS group) focus is on creating black box software testing
tools to assist daemon programmers in the process of rooting out potential
buffer overflows and other such problems that can lead to software security
problems.

Hope you find the source of your problem,
Chris Todd