[Date Prev][Date Next]
UTF-8 & internationalization
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: UTF-8 & internationalization
- From: "Alvin Wong" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:23:17 -0600
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcGYFJk0XcZbgaWcRtmJTb+w8/8bHQAggHwQ
- Thread-topic: Assertion failed -- possible to get this from a query?
OS: Windows NT
Server: OpenLDAP 2.0.19 slapd
Client: OpenLDAP 2.0.19 C API
I'm trying to setup an LDAP which has values in different languages,
i.e. English, Chinese, French, etc. I encoded the values in UTF-8 and am
currently having some problems when I try to search for certain entries.
Specifically, I encoded Chinese characters in UTF-8 and when I have odd
number of Chinese characters as the value, it fails while it succeeds if
it is even. Another thing is that I did not encode the attribute names
as they are in English. Am I doing this the wrong way? Are there more
stuff I should be looking at? Thanks in advance for any help.