build problem on Solaris 8 / gcc

I must be missing some libraries or something. This is the error:

checking for /usr/local/bin/gcc option to accept ANSI C... no
configure: error: OpenLDAP requires compiler to support STDC constructs.

I linked info since there is quite a bit.

For the entire configure output:

This is the config.log:

This is the build script:

I am guessing I forgot to install some package or add some option to configure,
but the error message is obtuse and I can't tell from config.log what the real
problem is. It says it can't find -ldl, but I am using -L/usr/lib which has -
ldl. It also finds -ldl in other parts... weird...

Thanks in advance!

This mail sent from Biltmore Communications