Re: problems with importing LDIF file

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 18:28, Jack Leong wrote:
> The extract from my LDIF file is as follows:
> attributetype ( 2.16.840.1.113719.
> 		NAME 'myTestAttribute'
> 		DESC 'my test attribute description'
> 		EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
> 		SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
> 		SYNTAX )

that's not an ldif record, it's an attributetype specification. these
usually reside in schema files in your /etc/openldap/schema directory,
e.g. the core.schema. if included in your slapd.conf, these schema
definitions are loaded on startup. you cannot add them with ldapadd.

an ldif record looks as follows:

dn: cn=Barbara J Jensen,dc=example,dc=com
cn: Barbara J Jensen
cn: Babs Jensen
objectClass: person
sn: Jensen

have a look on the openldap administrators guide for detailed