GQ - Browsing problem

Merry X-Mas all!

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but i would think
someone ont this list has an answer; so i'll post it anyway!

I set up a ldap server on my workstation and I try to access it with
GQ.

The 'search' option works fine. I can search entries within my ldap
database no problem. The 'browse' option is where the problem is.

As long as my network connection is up (eth0), GQ doesnt browse MY
database, it browses the 'default' database (OpenLDAP.org's
database). But as soon as i shut it down ('ifdown eth0'), it works
perfectly.

Is there an environment variable i'm missing here? Heres my
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf:

BASE    dc=my_dc
BINDDN  cn=Manager,dc=my_dc
HOST    localhost
PORT    389
URI     localhost

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Pat Mahoney, no 22