From: Jakob Breivik Grimstveit
[mailto:jakob.breivik.grimstveit@ttyl.com]
Sent: 20 December 2001 11:08
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: configure - specify SleepyCat

From: "Euan Guttridge" <EGuttridge@buildonline.com>

> I am running configure with ./configure --with-ldbm-api=berkeley, and have
> placed a sym link to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include/db.h in
/usr/include.

> checking for db.h... yes
> checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb3)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb2)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb1)... no
> configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
> configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable

When I did this a couple of days ago, I found that I needed BerkeleyDB
*installed* on my system prior to configuring the OpenLDAP software. Some
sort of prerequisite, though I can't describe it precisely.

Hopefully this will help you somewhat further on your compilation quest.

---
Vyrdsamt...
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, Morvikbotn 341, 5122 Morvik, 55195667, 48298152
jakob@grimstveit.net / j@grimstveit.net, www.grimstveit.net
System Integrator, TTYL as, jakob.breivik.grimstveit@ttyl.com, 55969161