[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: dn suffix differences between v.1x and v.2x
- To: Chris Lundell <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: dn suffix differences between v.1x and v.2x
- From: Turbo Fredriksson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 14 Dec 2001 17:31:10 +0100
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <3C068806.79F8A336@coat.com>
- Organization: LDAP/Kerberos expert wannabe
- References: <3C068806.79F8A336@coat.com>
- User-agent: Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) Emacs/20.7
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Lundell <email@example.com> writes:
Chris> Hello, I upgraded to ldap 2.x from 1.x and I have two
Chris> 1. Is there a way to preserve the suffix from v. 1?
Do you mean 'preserve the database from v1 to v2'?
Then you'll have to downgrade again, use `ldbmcat' to extract the
information to a LDIF file.
Upgrade system, load the db with `slapadd'. Port all your schema's
to the new format (if you have created your own schemas that is).
Turbo __ _ Debian GNU Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
^^^^^ / /(_)_ __ _ ___ __ selective about who its friends are
/ / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ / Debian Certified Linux Developer
_ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |> < Turbo Fredriksson firstname.lastname@example.org
\\\/ \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Gothenburg/Sweden