add entry fails...

Hi,

Thanks for your earlier reply. I have checked my conf file for the suffix, ownership of my database...There seems to be no errors.

My error is as follows:

adding new entry "c=in"
> ldap_add: Unknown error
> additional info: next_id add failed
> ldif_record() = 80

while i'm trying to add the suffix, c=in.

Can anyone help me with some more suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

A. Gayathri

> "A. Gayathri" wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm installing openldap-2.0.11 on solaris-8 (sparc). And got error
> in make test.
> But was able to do make install and configure the server.
>
> Now, I have problem in adding. When i add my entry, it gives the
> following:
>
> /usr/local/bin/ldapadd -r -f "in.ldif" -D "<rootdn>" -w <pwd>
>
> adding new entry "c=in"
> ldap_add: Unknown error
> additional info: next_id add failed
> ldif_record() = 80

I note from the dn you're writing that you're creating
an entry directly rooted at ""; the error message sounds
strange, but you cannot add such entry unless your
database has "" or "c=in" as valid suffixes. Note also
that "" rooted entry handling has been recently improved
(see http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html);
you should try a more recent release (2.0.18 is marked
as stable)

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334

.