Re: Confused about md5 passwords

On Wednesday, 12. December 2001 17:39, Harry Hoffman wrote:
> Stephan, Peter,
>    Thanks, for the response. Does the same go for SHA, and do you know if
> nss_ldap even supports SHA? I definetely don't want to switch to Kerberos.

Hi,
for authentication purposes the hash algorithm does not matter. For simple
authentication you always transfer the clear text password and the
LDAP-server has to support the hash algorithm.

Yours,
Stephan Siano

--
Stephan Siano                           Mail:  Stephan.Siano@suse.de
SuSE Linux Solutions AG                 Phone: 06196 50951 31