Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 05:37:04 AM
Subject: Re: make test ( details )

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, A. Gayathri wrote:
> adding new entry "c=in"
> ldap_add: Unknown error
> additional info: next_id add failed
> ldif_record() = 80

Have a look in your slapd.conf file for the following
[snip from my ldbm database definition section]
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessable by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
directory /var/lib/ldap/ldbm

I suspect the directory that your slapd.conf refers to does not
exist. The creation of the directory is usually a task that the sys admin
needs to manually carry out.

HTH
Barry Wright

.