Re: problem with openldap 1.2.11-15

francesco tornieri wanted us to know:

>I have some problems with openldap 1.2.11-15:
>-when server has more than 1000 connections it refused to accept other
>connections
>-sometimes  'sldap' process hold 99.9% CPU and so i must restart service
>-warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.deny: Too many open files (i looking for it
>in archive of mail but i'm able to resolve this problem).

Look what the contents of /proc/sys/fs/file-max and
/proc/sys/fs/inode-max are set to, then double them.  They can be set
permanently in /etc/sysctl.conf by adding something similar to:
# Increase max files and inodes
# files = 64 files per Meg of RAM
# inodes = files * 4
fs.file-max = 65536
fs.inode-max = 262144
--
Blue skies...		Todd
| Get a bigger hammer!   |  Are you feeling lucky...punk?         |