abt schema

hi to all,
    one more addition to my query .While deriving myObject class from
another object class if i specify the keyword "MAY" what does it signify

interms of addition of a record into the data base .Is it that even if i

dont give any value for that particular column,it takes up a default
value
and if he does take a default value is there a way that i can give this
value.
Also is it the same abt the MUST keyword.
regards
ajit

Ajit Nair wrote:

> hi to all,
>     Is it mandotry to use the object class provided by OpenLdap?
> I have gone through the object class and its attribute type in almost
> all the schema's except for core.How is it that i am going to develop
> schema that is suitable for my application.I might have a case where
in
> i would be deriving myObject from another object class ,of which i
just
> want to use only certain feilds and not the others.Is there any way i
> can do that .
> Secondly is it mandatory for me have an OID for my object class(if iam

> planning to create one :) ).If yes where can i get it from .
> i hope that some body can give me some insights on this question which

> might be a bit silly .
> Regards
> ajit

> Disclaimer
>
> This message (including any attachments) contains
> confidential information intended for a specific
> individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you should
> any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it,
> is strictly prohibited.

> Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

Disclaimer