X.509 certificate and userSMIMECertificate

Hi all,
I am not an experienced user of openLDAP and, reading threads, I have not found an exhaustive answer to my problem, so be patient.
My client application must store an identity with its X.509 certificate as userSMIMECertificate attribute.
I have created a class, which implements DirContext, where I set all attributes. One of those attributes is a userSMIMECertificate:

Attrs = new BasicAttributes(true);
Attrs.put("userSMIMECertificate;binary", scert );

scert is an SMIME message built as follow:

OutputStream o;
o.write("MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n".getBytes());
o.write(("Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-mime; smime-type=certs-only; name=\"" + login + ".p7c\"\r\n").getBytes());
o.write("Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64\r\n".getBytes());
o.write("\r\n".getBytes());
o.write(signedBytes);
scert = o.toString();

It stores an X.509 certificate. If I store my X.509 certificate with this attribute openLDAP doesn't create the new entry. If I sobstitute the userSMIMECertificate with userCertificate (deleting the SMIME header), all is correctly done (Netscape display correctly the data of the certificate, IE does not).

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Davide

PS I know...my english is poor.