LDAP-LDAP migration -xfer pws?

I am currently exploring using LDAP to migrate users/groups and attributes
to another LDAP server/database.   They are Novell 5.1 servers and I am
mostly interested in migrating the user and group objects with attributes
and especially the user's password.   I dont want to have to reset hundreds
of passwords.

My initial testing makes me think it can be done but I'm having trouble
migrating some group attributes and user passwords.  Assuming I have full
access on both databases, should I be able to transfer user objects with all
attributes including passwords?

More generally, I'd really appreciate any doc, direction or good tips on
ldap-ldap migrations/moves.
Thanks.
kh