Re: Solaris automounter

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> After managing to authenticate using OpenLdap with Solaris, i am
> struggling to
> get the automounter to work. Can anyone provide a success story, howto
> etc.. ?

Yay! Did you use PADL nss_ldap or Solaris nss_ldap? When I experimented
with Solaris nss_ldap, everything but 'listusers' coredumped on me (su,
id, etc). PADL nss_ldap works fine, but there seems to be little or no
cacheing between the actual getpw* system calls and the LDAP server which
can cause quite some load on your LDAP server(s).

For the time being I only use LDAP nsswitch clients on servers that
require immediate knowledge of changes in the user database and have
scripts periodically propagating LDAP content to plain maps on a NIS
server.

Related question: Does slapd cache read requests - not the LDBM data or
the indexes, but the final and processed data just before it is sent to
the client?

/Erik

--
Erik Persson, System Manager            <erik@roxen.com>
Roxen Internet Software                 Voice:  +46 13 376817