Re: Ldapsearch : Is there a problem with the ldbm database ?

Try this:

1. Add the following to slapd.conf:

index   uid   eq,pres

2. stop the server
3. run /usr/local/sbin/slapindex -f /path/to/slapd.conf
4. start server

That should fix things. If not, dumping to LDIF may be a good idea. It is
possible you data is somehow inconsistent. The above should fix most things
like that.

Kevin

Quoting Benoit.Le_Bras@alcatel.fr:

> Hi all,
>

> When i search an entrie with the filter "uid=944442", i obtain 0 entrie and
> when
>
> i search the same entrie with the filter "uid=94444*" or "uid=944442*" i
> obtain the entrie (cf example)
>

> This problem appears approximatively 1 month after than the entrie was
> added.
>

> For information the entrie is frequently  deleted and added, and is not the
> only entrie
>
> where this problem appears.
>

> Is there a problem with the ldbm database ?
>
> Can i put my database in ldif format and after add my ldif file in the
> database for resolve this problem ?
>

> I use Openldap version 2.0.7 et Berkeley-DB version 3.2.9
>

> Thanks in advance for all information
>

> Example:
>

> # /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -D "cn=admin,o=libancell,c=lb" -w secret -b
> "o=libancell,c=lb"
>
> -h 192.168.9.30:390 "uid=944442"
>
> version: 2
>

> #
>
> # filter: uid=944442
>
> # requesting: ALL
>
> #
>

> # search result
>
> search: 2
>
> result: 0 Success
>

> # numResponses: 1
>
> #
>

> # /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -D "cn=admin,o=libancell,c=lb" -w secret -b
> "o=libancell,c=lb"
>
> -h 192.168.9.30:390 "uid=94444*"
>
> version: 2
>

> #
>
> # filter: uid=94444*
>
> # requesting: ALL
>
> #

> # 944442,libancell, lb
>
> dn: cn=944442,o=libancell, c=lb
>
> VoiceMailboxId: 4842
>
> userPassword:: ZHB2NGcx
>
> cn: 944442
>
> uid: 944442
>
> telephoneNumber1: 944442
>
> telephoneNumber: 944442
>
> optionBvABv: other
>
> objectClass: vPIMUser
>
> objectClass: aVPSUser
>
> objectClass: emailPerson
>
> mailHost: mcu.libancell.com.lb
>
> mailForwardingAddress: vpu4g1@libancell.com.lb
>
> VPUNumber: 1
>
> vpuSiteName: dpv4g
>

> # search result
>
> search: 2
>
> result: 0 Success
>

> # numResponses: 6
>
> # numEntries: 5

This mail sent from Biltmore Communications
	http://www.biltmorecomm.com