Re: flad ldap

Hello Thomas,
Thanks
I want to setup ldap for squid authentication.
I created database with username and passwd.
When i run for squid_ldap_auth i was not able to authenticate.
I was told that to create flat ldap namespace for users.

Following is what i done

        ldapadd -f /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/squid.ldif -xv -D "cn=admin,
dc=ldap, dc=squid, dc=com" -w secret
        ldapsearch -x -D "cn=admin,dc=ldap,dc=squid,dc=com" -W -b
'dc=ldap,dc=squid,dc=com' "objectClass=*" ldap

# ldap, squid, com
dn: dc=ldap, dc=squid, dc=com

# admin, ldap, squid, com
dn: cn=admin, dc=ldap, dc=squid, dc=com

# Development, ldap, squid, com
dn: ou=Development, dc=ldap, dc=squid, dc=com

# Support, ldap, squid, com
dn: ou=Support, dc=ldap, dc=squid, dc=com

# jack, Support, ldap, squid, com
dn: cn=jack, ou=Support, dc=ldap, dc=squid, dc=com

# sathi, Development, ldap, squid, com
dn: cn=sathi, ou=Development, dc=ldap, dc=squid, dc=com

                 ldapsearch -x -D
"cn=sathi,ou=Development,dc=ldap,dc=squid,dc=com" -W -b \
                                    'ou=Development,dc=ldap,dc=squid,dc=com'
"objectClass=*"  ldap

Enter LDAP Password:
version: 2

#
# filter: objectClass=*
# requesting: ldap
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

            squid_ldap_auth -b 'ou=Development,dc=ldap,dc=squid,dc=com' ldap
sathi sathi
ERR

I have attached slapd.conf and squid.ldif files
Please help me to have flat ldap.

Thanks
Suresh