From: Susanne Benkert [mailto:benkerts@emt.iis.fhg.de]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 5:37 AM
To: Prune
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: OpenLDAP with tsl/ssl

Hi,

thanks for your mail.

I created a new certificate with the full FQDN (hostname.testfirma.de) -
but nothing really changed.

> don't forget to start slapd as :       slapd -h 'ldap:/// ldaps:///'

I did so.

> I ldapsearch with just one '-Z' (not '-ZZ') like :
>
> ldapsearch -H ldaps://bjork.admin.kapt.com  -b "dc=kaptech,dc=com" -D
> "cn=manager,dc=kaptech,dc=com" -w password
> or
> ldapsearch -H ldap://bjork.admin.kapt.com  -b "dc=kaptech,dc=com" -D
> "cn=manager,dc=kaptech,dc=com" -w password -Z

This seems to be my problem: i can't use the options -H or -Z from
remote host. This always cause an error "Invalid option -H". (From local
host everything is running fine.) My PHP seems to have a problem with
using the URI instead of the hostname too. Even when I use "ldap_connect
("ldap://FQDN")" the script can't connect the LDAP server. But it's PHP
4.0.6, so it should be able to handle URIs.

Have you any idea what I can do to solve this?

bye
Susanne