migration from Netscape Directory Server 3.* to OpenLDAP 2.*

Hi

I am new to OpenLDAP. I am getting a problem when migrating from Netscape Directory Server 3.* to OpenLDAP. Could you please suggest a solution. The problem is
We have copied existing slapd.oc.conf and slapd.at.conf files of NDS and kept in the slapd.conf of OpenLDAP and started slapd server. It did not give any error and started properly. Now when I am inserting the ldif file which I used with NDS(worked fine in NDS), giving problem saying "Undefined attribute type". Can you please tell me where is the problem. An example of attribute and object class are

attribute name1 cis single

objectclass employee
        employee-oid
superior top
requires
    name1

In the above example we did not mention oid for attribute and it worked fine in NDS. But it is not working in OpenLDAP 2.*
If we want to make the above format to work what we should do?
Is oid mandatory?

Thanks in advance.
regards
Mahesh
The Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customer and is intended
for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this
E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent
of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient,  you are
notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way
or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail &
notify us immediately at mailadmin@wipro.com