Authenticating against a winnt 4 PDC with a win2000 one way trust

Hello,
First, I want to say I'm an LDAP newbie, so let me
know if you need me to expand on anything here. OK, so
I have a Win2000 Domain Controller with a 1-way trust
with a WinNT4 PDC (Win2000 domain trusts the users in
WinNT4 domain). WinNT4 holds user/group information.
What I would like to do is use LDAP to authenticate or
replicate users/groups from the winnt4 domain using
the win2000 domain controller as an LDAP server. Has
anyone done this, is it possible?? Is there a better
way???
Thanks,
Ryan