SASL with OpenLDAP on Solaris 7 problem

Hi,

I'm sending this message in case anyone else has been having trouble getting SASL to work for OpenLDAP 2.0.18 (I also tried 2.0.15) on Solaris 7.

The information I have so far is that I have been trying to can compile and configure it to work for ages and and was stuck on Solaris with a problem where OpenLDAP wouldn't "pick up" any mechanisms. That is to say that a query like the following would return no results:

	ldapsearch -h localhost -p 389 -x -b "" -s base -LLL supportedSASLMechanisms

and this would come back with something like:

		dn:

I have spent a long time over this and there is no doubt that for a complete beginner it's a bit tough to understand everything well enough to be successful but the worst thing was that in spite of all my efforts I couldn't get it to work on Solaris. I tried compiling everything on Linux today and it worked like a charm using the same slapd configuration file.

I would love to know if anyone else has had this problem or has got SASL working with OpenLDAP on Solaris. If you haven't then at least you know you have company ;-)

Regards,

Tim