Re: Multiple ldap servers, ssl, and dns round robin?

Hi,

i had the same problem a some time ago.
I found some previous posts on this list
to this topic but they can't help me.

They sad something about using a alternative
name in the ssl cert.
I did not work. I think its simply not possible to
use more than one FQDN in a ssl cert.
I'm no ssl guru so correct me if this is wrong.

I solved my problem with ssh tunnels.
Now my replication works over SSL tunnels and my balanced
Servers have the FQDN of my balancer in its ssl cert.

It works ...

I created a 'sshtunnel' user on both the clients and the master.
Than i generated a key pair on the master for this user and copied
the public key over to the slaves. You should use no Passphrase.
After you have successfully tested the key by loging into the machine
with keyauthentication you can set the shell to /bin/false for sshtunnel.

I start the tunnels with the following commands in my init scripts as user 'sshtunnel':
/usr/bin/ssh -2 -N -f -L 10389:localhost:389 ldap01.mydomain.de
/usr/bin/ssh -2 -N -f -L 12389:localhost:389 ldap02.mydomain.de

This forwards port localhost:10389 over SSH tunnel to localhost:389 on the slave.

--
Markus Benning

--
Markus Benning