libmessage patch Install?

Hello all,

  Finally found a post on the POSIX error. Have the
patch, but how do you apply it.  The ITS post #1201
just explains how to complile it in but do you untar
the files in the patch to the openldap source
directory?  On my redhat 7.0 svr running 2.2.16 I am
trying to complile the latest openldap software.  I
acquired the libmessage.tar.gz(and .Z as well) and
untar'd it to the openldap directory and ran the
following configure command:
         > ./configure --enable-nls --enable-shell
--disable-debug

Nonetheless I still receive the POSIX error.  Any
suggestions.

Ismael Sierra
Rivera, Sierra & Co.