Re: Max Concurrent connections on solaris2.7(openldap-2.0.11)

Alister Winfield wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 10:37:14AM +0800, yanfeng wang wrote:
> > dear all:
> >   i have installed openldap-2.0.11 on solaris 2.7,but as the result my test, i can only get 57 concurrent connections to openldap server.
> >   as i know ,iPlanet Directory server can support more than 5K concurrent connections.how do u think that ?
> >   or ,any experience /suggestion or comments is welcome.
> >

> > .albert
> >

> > /2.95.2
>
> We use 1.2.13 and get peaks of > 500 conns. Slaps fails at about 1000
> connections due to the use of select. I have a local workaround using
> poll that is being 'tested' hard that will go as high as the limits
> in the kernel. Even with only 20 or so conns we average 20-30 querys/s
> and see >100 queries/s at times.
>
> Just a thought.....
>
> Have you checked with limit / ulimit before starting slapd that the soft
> limit isn't set to something like 64. I have umlimit -n 1024 in my start
> script to avoid cutting the server off earlier that it can handle.
>
> --
> Alister Winfield        Easynet Limited         Systems Developer

True, but even with a ulimit set to 1024 I still fell foul of bug
#4472643 during replication from a heavily loaded master server. Word
from Sun is that it might be fixed in Solaris 9 and a possible
workaround might be to use the system call "open" rather than fopen. My
workaround is to point clients at the replicas and leave the master
unloaded. Any comments?

Dave
--
Dave Lewney
Principal Systems Programmer, Computing Service