multi-valued attribute indexes [x]

If I have a multivalued attribute with 3 entries, can I assume that
thata attribute array will never change, unless it's modified.  Can I
assume that attribute[0], attribute[1] etc, will always be in that
order?

Next, if I delete attribute[1] will attribute[2] become attribute[1], or
will there be a space there?  Is there a way I can "tie" several
multivalued attributes, so that Bigattribute[0] will always correspond
to Smallattribute[0], if one is deleted, the other is deleted, etc?
thanks,

--
Fernando Medina, Jr.
fmedina@nic.pibnet.com