Re: Need help w/ OpenLDAP and ADS

--On Dienstag, 13. November 2001 18:57 +0100 Rene.Hezser@bertelsmann.de wrote:

I want to be able to browse the ADS via LDAP to do further authentication
for users.

With ADS you mean Active Directory?

OpenLDAP is running, but I cant authenticate myself against the ADS for
browsing.
Could someone plz tell me in which way (and files!) I have to write the
user, pw, ou... into the conf files?

By default only authenticated user can access data in AD. If you don't want to give EVERYONE read permission, try ldp.exe to browse the directory. With it you can dertermine a DN you need to bind from the Unix side.

--
Norbert Klasen
DAASI International GmbH                 phone: +49 7071 29 70336