Re: Distinguished Name and Entry values

Hi, thanz a lot for those who have responded to my email.

I have juz one more question and that is it is neccessary
to include
objectClass:top
objectClass:person
objectClass:organizationalPerson
objectClass:inetOrgPerson
in the entry? Is it the normal standard. Have seen a few
cases and discover it is done that way.

Can I juz say define a self defined objectclass (will be
adding some new attributes) which will inherit from top and
juz include the entry in the entry:
objectclass : mydefinedobject..

Thanz a lot

>hello,

>yes it depends on how you declare the entry. certain
>entries require
>certain attributes that MUST be filled in. For example, if
>you have

>dn: cn=xyz,ou=abc,o=ddd,c=sss.com

>then typically an entry like this could be defined as

>dn: cn=xyz,ou=abc,o=ddd,c=sss.com
>objectClass:top
>objectClass:person
>objectClass:organizationalPerson
>objectClass:inetOrgPerson

>in which case, the objectClass dictates what components
>are required and
>what are obligatory (check core.schema
>inetorgperson.schema etc in
>/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema). So in the definition above

>cn is required for objectclass person.

>For the others such as ou, o and c, these should have
>already been defined
>but if not then yes, they must exist as well

>Typically I use

>dn: cn=myname,ou=sub_sub_group,ou=subgroup,o=mycompany

>so i have the following definitions:

>dn: o=mycompany
>objectclass: top
>objectclass: organization
>o: mycompany

>dn: ou=subgroup, o=mycompany
>objectclass: top
>objectclass: organizationalunit
>ou: mycompany

>dn: ou=sub_sub_group, ou=subgroup, o=mycompany
>objectclass: top
>objectclass: organizationalunit
ou: sub_sub_group

`