Re: performance problem with sldap

Aleks Sheynkman wrote:

> Hmm, Interesting  I'm running 5,000 queries sequentially one after another.
> There are 4,000 dynamic ports , and after 3900 searches
> I'm getting an errors. When I check netstat I see a lot of following entries
>:
>
> tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:3186 localhost.localdom:ldap
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:3185 localhost.localdom:ldap
> TIME_WAIT

I ran into this problem a while back while doing high-speed smtp
performance testing. As i recall it can be solved by decreasing the
amount of time the kernel waits before stale connections are closed.
I don't recall which setting it was, however. (maybe
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout, maybe somewhere else in the tcp
settings)

In any case, it shouldn't have anything to do with your ldap server,
only with the client system or client app.

Regards,

rolek

--
1A First Alternative rolek@alt001.com    www.alt001.com