Re: performance problem with sldap

Aleks Sheynkman wrote:
> Hmm, Interesting  I'm running 5,000 queries sequentially one after another.
> There are 4,000 dynamic ports , and after 3900 searches
> I'm getting an errors. When I check netstat I see a lot of following entries
> tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:3186 localhost.localdom:ldap
> tcp        0      0 localhost.localdom:3185 localhost.localdom:ldap

I ran into this problem a while back while doing high-speed smtp
performance testing. As i recall it can be solved by decreasing the
amount of time the kernel waits before stale connections are closed.
I don't recall which setting it was, however. (maybe
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout, maybe somewhere else in the tcp

In any case, it shouldn't have anything to do with your ldap server,
only with the client system or client app.

1A First Alternative rolek@alt001.com    www.alt001.com
Linvision BV         rolek@linvision.com (www|devel).linvision.com