Invalid Syntax error (maybe has to do with accents)

When trying to do an ldapadd I get the following error:

adding new entry "uid=csg,ou=People,dc=fciencias,dc=unam,dc=mx"
ldap_add: Invalid syntax
        additional info: cn: value #0 invalid per syntax

ldif_record() = 21

Here is the said entry:

dn: uid=csg,ou=People,dc=fciencias,dc=unam,dc=mx
uid: csg
cn: Concepción Sánchez González
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}$1$QMHhbUgc$xDATjxBUVIahsL8a4DeiJ0
shadowLastChange: 11593
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/zsh
uidNumber: 606
gidNumber: 700
homeDirectory: /home/dgae/csg
gecos: Concepción Sánchez González

I think is an issue with accents, but I can't find anything in the
OpenLDAP website (or elsewhere) related to this problem.

Any ideas about what might be causing the problem?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Santos