Re: Q: ldapmodify and multiple replacements in a ldif file

Hello,

my experience has been to make sure that mailHost has been defined properly in some schema and that what you are providing it is what its expecting (i.e. the format of the text) also separate you update with dashes like the following

dn: cn=tim,dc=domain.com,o=emailservice,c=us
changetype: modify
replace: mailHost
mailHost: mail4.domain.com
-
replace: mailForwardingAddress
mailForwardingAddress: tim@mail4.domain.com

finally make sure that at least one of your schema (that you load in slapd.conf) has the attribute mailHost defined in it and that one of your objectClasses for this particular entry references it. So if the objectclass inetOrgPerson contains mailHost as one of the possible attribute for that object make sure that

cn=tim,dc=domain.com... has been defined as

dn: cn=tim,dc=domain.com,o=emailservice,c=us
objectClass: top
objectClass ... [blah]
objectClass: inetOrgPerson (or the appropriate object that contains mailHost)
... etc.

good luck

jm