JNDI -LDAP client from netscape..

hi,

Has any one seen any problems using LDAP client from Netscape through JNDI while talking to openldap server?
we are storing a file in "javaSerializedData" ( from java.schema ) when we retrieve it using this ldap client the application using it returns error as if file is corrupted.
but when I retrieve the file using the ldapsearch utility from openldap and use that file with the application it works fine.

Please let me know if any one has seen similar problems or know of any other issues in using netscape ldap clients through jndi with openldap.

I am using 2.0.11 server on linux.

Thanks,
-anish