Re: whitespace in cis attribute causes corpution?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 10:55:54AM -0500, Dan Shriver wrote:
> I've been adding entries to openLDAP (2.0.11 on Linux) and have
> noticed that whitespace in a cis attribute sometimes causes
> problems:
>     1) spaces at the start of an attribute seem to always cause
> it to turn into junk "<attr name>::Yz1!hh=="

That is NOT junk. Please see the OpenLDAP admin guide for more
information (section 7.3, The LDIF text entry format)
  http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/

LDIF may normally be human-readable, but the specifications for
its format are meant to be precise.

-Peter