Re: attributes for address book

Here's a sample entry for you (I dont think I've forgotten anything, but
its early):

dn: uid=ian,ou=People,dc=NMSU,dc=Edu
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
uid: ian
mail: ian@nmsu.edu
cn: Ian Logan
sn: Logan
givenname: Ian
telephonenumber: +1 505 646 6034

We index the following attributes:
uid, cn, sn, givenname

Netscape wont be searching by uid, but we have other stuff that does.
Netscape looks at cn and sn if I remember right, and Outlook looks at
givenname and sn (its been a while I could be wrong.)

Anyway, hopefully that will get you started.
Ian

--
Ian Logan
Computing & Networking