ldapsearch and return attributes, sort issue ...

Greetings ...

	Just a quick question. If I use the command that follows in bash ...

ldapsearch -x -LLL -W -D "cn=Manager,dc,foobar,dc=com" -S uidNumber "(uidNumber=*)" uidNumber

I still get the complete list of attributes for eash entry. Is this a bug in ldapsearch.

Okay, as you might have thought, this has to do with tring to get a unique uidNumber. I thought that if I return all the "uidNumber"s, sorted and take the last one plus one, I should be pretty safe. I know there might be locking issues and if somebody else tries to add a user at the same time, we might have a problem, but I don't think that will happen with my small usergroup ...

Thanks guys.
Great work.

Mailed
Lee