[Date Prev][Date Next]
ldapsearch and return attributes, sort issue ...
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ldapsearch and return attributes, sort issue ...
- From: "C.Lee Taylor" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:26:54 +0200
- Organization: LeeNX
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.5) Gecko/20011012
Just a quick question. If I use the command that follows in bash ...
ldapsearch -x -LLL -W -D "cn=Manager,dc,foobar,dc=com" -S uidNumber
I still get the complete list of attributes for eash entry. Is this a bug
Okay, as you might have thought, this has to do with tring to get a
unique uidNumber. I thought that if I return all the "uidNumber"s,
sorted and take the last one plus one, I should be pretty safe. I know
there might be locking issues and if somebody else tries to add a user
at the same time, we might have a problem, but I don't think that will
happen with my small usergroup ...