RE: subquery performance problem

hitting from cache is fast, but generating the cache goes at about 50
users / second. If I build the cache as "root" if would be much faster,
since I think ACL interpretation is expensive. I'll probably do a dn->
cn hashed DB and access that from my app instead of using LDAP queries
if I can't find anything better.

It seems like there is a lot of wasted overhead in network
communications and transactoin management for n+1 queries for n users.
If I could do a batch operation with a callback I'm sure it would fly.
Is this possible? I don't think so...

Kevin