[Date Prev][Date Next]
subquery performance problem
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: subquery performance problem
- From: "OpenLDAP Mailing List" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:02:50 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcFXicDfyNJCaK2RRBqDIMZVa4OKpw==
- Thread-topic: subquery performance problem
I am making a UI on top of OpenLDAP. When resolving group membership, I
need to use subqueries in order to get a "cn" view of the list.
This is a very big performance problem on big lists, since I need one
query for each member of the list. With 180 users, this takes several
seconds at best, and gets worse depending on how I structure ACLs.
Is there any smart way to do this without sending so many queries? I
built a caching dn->cn function in my application and prefetch data
during idles, and that helps out a bit, but I am worried about
concurrency, stale data, etc.