Re: connection timeout?

On Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:01:59 -0700
"Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

> If you adjust the number of descriptors per process to a number
> greater than FD_SETSIZE, you need to adjust FD_SETSIZE accordingly.
>
> env CPPFLAGS="-DFD_SETSIZE=4096" ./configure

Hm, i lived under the impression that if i change FD_SETSIZE the whole
system must be recompiled. Appropriate ulimit -n change should go with
this too?

... Now, trying to put 2.0.15 together with this trick, configure wont
find db.h if i set CPPFLAGS variable, even if i add -I/path/to/db3/include
... looks like i'll have to hack the configure script a bit.

> Maybe they aren't dead.   OpenLDAP uses TCP keepalives to kill dead
> streams.  OpenLDAP also supports killing idle clients, see
> slapd.conf(5).

Are you reffering to timelimit? It says that default is 3600 seconds ...
Well i observed some connections hanging around for days ...

--

Jure Pecar